Welcome to Coach Vaiana's Physical Education page!
The Physical Education course is simply about one thing - PARTICIPATION
Students are expected to participate in the assigned activity the entire length of the period or until the Coach provides further directions. The primary goal is to stay active, promote health and fitness and still have fun.
As a reference tool for parents and students, below is the course grading policy:
Earning Credit (Attendance/Participation = 95% of grade)
- 15 pts. = 1 credit
- You receive 2 pts. Per day for participation
- 1 pt. for outside activity and 1 pt. for indoor activity= 2pts
- Non participation in one of the 2 activities = 1 pt. This is not passing (50%)
- Sitting down/no participation= loss of 2 pts for the day.
- One day a week is double points (4) at teacher discretion. For outstanding effort and participation.
- Triple pointscan be earned for the following: 50 pushups- 15 pull ups- 25 bar dips- 100 sit ups- jump rope 90 sec. without missing. (CA. Physical Fitness Standards)
- 1 credit= 3 page report on sport or sport personality (only once)
- 1 credit= mile run under 10 minutes (only once)